Speed Chart shows the average amount of days taken to complete a workitem and average amount of days a workitem was in a queue within a specific period of time. It quickly reveals,
- How much average time it takes to complete a work-item.
- How much average time it takes to start a work-item.
- Analysis where the leakage is, in which lane maximum time is taken which is causing the delay.
- Identify the gap between when the requirement of the work-item was made and when then work-item is taken into action.
- Compare the increase or decrease in Speed over a period of time.
- Manage the working of the item more properly by analyzing the flow.
Here you’ll learn how to:
How to Read
X-Axis: Shows Months falling between the selecting period.
Y-Axis: Shows the average duration(in days) by – Average Queue Duration (in days) and Average Speed (in days)
You can view Speed chart for any type of work-item and with a specific Date range selected.
Just viewing chart doesn’t help you enough until you can view associated work items and act upon.
To view associated work items,
- Click on any data point
- Work items get displayed just right below the chart
Speed chart displays all work-items created within a specific date range and the time taken in each lane as shown in the image below.
How to Use
It is recommended to track the Speed chart at the end of a week or end of a month to track Speed of that period.
You will be able to compare the speed over a period of time and track if there are any improvements.