Whether you’re working efficiently for your blog, video channel on YouTube or newspaper – Editorial Calendar is a must-have tool for all the Content Marketing teams out there. Quickwork effectively manages all your plans for various projects. Quickwork is one of the most reliable task management tools available, to ensure the security of your documents.
With Quickwork you are sorted about the publishing of various editorials. In this manner, you can easily set in the priority chart, create drafts and outlines for your future content, and plan promotions, etc., to manage all your editorial tasks.
Editorial calendar is your tool to have the visual lookout for your content publishing plans. Thus, when you see your work mentioned in detail in our editorial calendar, the tasks become much more manageable and action-oriented.
Apart from all the above, this solution also offers you the option to monitor the progress made by your team.
HOW TO MAKE USE OF EDITORIAL CALENDAR?
- Open your Quickwork account and from the left menu select the option to add a new project. You can name the calendar as per your requirements and start adding the team member and assign them the work.
- You can create tags to add some header or let your teammates know that this is a major editorial calendar.
- For better workflow in the organization, just make use of the timebox feature. This functionality ensures that a given particular work is completed within the allocated time-frame.
- You can duplicate the template design so that you do not have to invest time in creating the basic format for each team member.
- Once you have customized the settings, you can easily have the view of the editorial calendar for making any changes or going through the arrangement.
- You can easily view the tasks and progress in the particular assignment by searching in the name of the member to which you assigned the task.
SOME GENERAL TIPS TO MAINTAIN THE EDITORIAL CALENDAR
- You should store the idea related to the content with the header ideas so that it becomes easy for team members to locate them.
- Make use of @membername to address the particular member of the team to avoid any confusion.
- Attach the related documents so that it becomes easy to collaborate all the information and come up with the unique content.
HOW TO MANAGE YOUR EDITORIAL CALENDAR WITH TIMEBOX?
With the usage of the timebox, you can prepare your editorial calendar in the right format.
Timebox provides you with a section in which, you can set in the duration of time for the completion of the task.
This way you can easily update the team members about the content publishing or requirement.
To review the timebox after completion, abide by two following steps:
- Select the action menu of the particular timebox.
- Mark it as complete timebox.
Keep in mind that the uncompleted work will be displayed on the screen. The timebox will display a pop-up to notify about the same.
Also, a report would be generated in the tool with the following information:
- How was the performance of the team?
- How much work has been completed by the team?
HOW TO ADD THE WORKITEMS IN YOUR CALENDAR?
- Select the backlog option from the left menu.
- If you have not added the backlog option just visit the View gallery and add it.
- Select the add workitem button.
- Then, select the workitem name or the title.
HOW TO MARK THE CALENDAR DATES?
Quickwork provides you with an option to set the workitem priorities. In this manner, you can be sure that you right on the mark with the content for publishing dates. In the default settings, you have the options like critical, major, minor or trivial items.
You can sort out the priority list according to your requirements.
- Go to the setting icon displayed on the top right corner. (Please note – This can be done by the admin only.)
- Choose the workitem priority from the left menu.
- Just click on the add button.
- Save the required details.
HOW TO SEARCH FOR THE WORKITEM PRIORITY?
- Type the name of the workitem for which you are checking the priority.
- Just click on the enter button or press the icon.
This makes it easy for you to have the closer look at your plans. Abiding by the priority list, you can monitor the progress and plan accordingly. And with all the analytical report, you can plan in your next calendar for better results.